This book is a must-have for English A Literature students aiming for the strongest achievement in the course. Focused, challenging and directly aligned with the 2011 syllabus, it is packed with skills development activities; examiner feedback and more to ensure students fully develop all the key skills central to assessment.
- Strengthen the key skills – a huge range of activities and techniques in writing, reading and the creation of assessment texts will concretely boost exam results.
- Truly understand assessment standards – examiner commented samples give clear insight into exam expectations and help students construct the best answers.
- Build confidence for the orals – videos of student orals and presentations included online to ensure the best preparation, with bespoke support for the Individual Oral Commentary, Discussion and the Individual Oral Presentation.
- Trust in quality – written by authors of the most recent syllabus.
- Take a balanced approach – includes lots of web links and suggestions for further study, to ensure learning embraces the IB philosophy.
- Fully address every syllabus component – skills-focused guidance, exercises, practical tasks, assessment support and samples for the each part of the most recent syllabus.
- Get the best results – detailed preparation for the Interactive Oral, Reflective Statement and Written Assignment, plus thorough guidance on crucial skills like constructing comparative essays.